Personal time management skills are essential for professional success in any workplace. Those able to successfully implement time management strategies are able to control their workload rather than spend each day in a frenzy of activity reacting to crisis after crisis – stress declines and personal productivity soars! These highly effective individuals are able to focus on the tasks with the greatest impact to them and their organization.
The Time Management workshop will cover strategies to help participants learn these crucial strategies. Your participants will be given a skill set that includes personal motivation, delegation skills, organization tools, and crisis management. We”ll cover all this and more during this workshop.
- Workshop Objectives
- The Three P’s
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- Prioritizing Your Goals
- The 80/20 Rule
- The Urgent Versus Important Matrix
- Creating Your Productivity Journal
- Maximizing the Power of Your Productivity Journal
- The Glass Jar: Rocks, Pebbles, Sand, and Water
- Chunck, Block, and Tackle
- Ready, Fire, Aim!
- Why We Procrastinate
- Nine Ways to Overcome Procrastination
- Eat That Frog!
- When the Storm Hits
- Creating a Plan
- Executing the Plan
- Lessons Learned
- Managing Workflow
- Dealing with E-mail
- Using Calendars
- When to Delegate
- To Whom Should You Delegate?
- How Should You Delegate
- Keeping Control
- The Importance of Full Acceptance
- What is a Ritual?
- Ritualizing Sleep, Meals, Exercise
- Examples of Rituals
- Using Rituals t Maximize Time
- Deciding if a Meeting is Necessary
- Using the PAT Approach
- Building the Agenda
- Keeping Things on Track
- Making Sure the Meeting Was Worthwhile
- Instant Messaging and Chat Rooms
- E-mail Lists and Online Groups
- Collaborating Applications
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations